Bickerstaffe Longbow Deluxe
Deluxe range English Longbow by renowned bowyer Pip Bickerstaffe. Hickory Back with Purpleheart and Ipe cores and Lemonwood Belly
- 40lb@28" (max 29")
- Right Handed
- Length 75"
- Handle colour may vary
A very attractive longbow exploiting the appearance and performance of the exotic hardwoods used. A faster bow than the Standard single laminate core but no less consistent and forgiving to shoot. Deluxe longbows have horn nocks and an arrow plate. All Bickerstaffe bows are supplied with a double looped laid in fast flight string, a hand stitched leather grip, stringer and Bickerstaffe Bows booklet giving advice and guidance to the bows new owner.
PLEASE ONLY STRING YOUR BOW USING A DOUBLE LOOP STRINGER OR YOU WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY
Bow & draw length suitability
- If a bow is marked for example 40#@28", max draw 29" this bow would be suitable for someone with a draw length up to 28" NOT over 28"
- If you had a draw length over the stated 28", then the bow is NOT suitable for you
- Even though the bow may state the max draw 29", this means that a safety margin has been built into the bow for the odd occasion when you may unknowingly draw slightly more
- It is not designed for you to continually draw over 28"
- If it is found that this is the case you will invalidate the warranty and no repair or replacement will be offered
About Bickerstaffe Bows
Bickerstaffe Bows are one of the leading manufacturers of English Longbows in the UK. Run by a small group of dedicated bowyers with a love for the Traditional side of the sport and headed by Pip Bickerstaffe, they have a deep understanding and appreciation of what goes into making a truly wonderful English Longbow. Their Workshop is situated in Kegworth, not 40 miles from the Major Oak in Sherwood Forest. Bickerstaffe English longbows are finding favour in all forms of Traditional archery. Bickerstaffe also supply English Longbow Making Kits so you can make your own - these are also available through The Longbow Shop as is a custom Bickerstaffe bow of your dreams should we not have what you want in stock.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT use stringers which have a pocket that fits over the top nock as these exert pressure on the nock beyond the wood which can lead to broken nocks, which will not be replaced under warranty!